Diaper Cakes are the Newest Rage
Read this tip to make your life smarter, better, faster and wiser. LifeTips is the place to go when you need to know about Baby Shower Centerpiece Tips and other Baby Shower topics.
How do I make a diaper cake?
Are you throwing a baby shower and having a hard time coming up with a great centerpiece idea? Well, my friend, it's about time you learn how to make a baby shower diaper cake. Here is a quick recipe run through:
- First, you must determine exactly what size you want your diaper cake to be. Here are some guidelines to abide by: Top tier - 5-6 diapers 2nd Tier - 15 diapers 3rd Tier - 30 diapers
- Roll the diapers vertically into tubular shapes and hold the shapes with rubber bands (scotch tape can work too). Create the bottom tiers first by attaching the diapers with safety pins. Arrange all of the diapers to form a large, circular shape and secure the shape with a large rubber band.
- You can attach the tiers to each other with safety pins. It's a great idea to wrap the layers of the cake in receiving blankets or cute baby blankets.
- The top tier should contain an extra special item, like a keepsake or a stuffed animal. You can attach the diapers around the item to conceal it or pin it to the top layer of the cake.
- When decorating the cake use ribbons and adorable charms.
Feel free to get creative and have fun. Diaper cakes are becoming the hottest new item at baby showers. By taking a little time and asserting a little effort, you can create an amazing centerpiece for your baby shower or an unforgettable gift for the new mommy.
2/21/2007 6:11:39 PM
For my daughter's babyshower I want to make small diaper cakes for table center pieces by placing puppets over different baby items, such as baby lotion, baby shampoo, etc. I've tried rolling diapers and placing them around the container the puppet is on but being that it isn't very high it just doesn't look right. I would appreciate any suggestions you could give me. You can email me at: Tickletheivories45@verizon.net. Have a great day!
4/30/2009 12:28:05 PM
I found an excellent site that has unique not too frilly diaper cakes. www.thebabybuggyboutique.com
I ordered one a few weeks ago and it was the hit of the baby shower!