Read this tip to make your life smarter, better, faster and wiser. LifeTips is the place to go when you need to know about Baby Shower Tips and other Baby Shower topics.
Someone special in your life is expecting a baby. In your excitement, you decided to throw her a baby shower. How thoughtful! If you've never thrown a baby shower before, you may not know what is expected of a good hostess. Following is a list of duties commonly performed by the baby shower hostess. Keep in mind that, unless the shower is a surprise, the Mom-to-be should be consulted on all matters.
Before the Shower
· Decide on a date and time for the shower.
· Compile the guest list (remembering to get input from the expectant mother).
· Send invitations and receive RSVPs.
· Choose a theme, if there will be one.
· Decide which games will be played.
· Make food and drink selections.
During the Shower
· Greet guests as they arrive.
· Introduce guests to each other.
· Coordinate activities, such as running the games, telling guests when to eat, etc.
· Help the mother-to-be with gifts.
· Assign someone to make a list of names and gifts given for the mom-to-be to send thank you cards to.
· Assign someone to bring each gift to the expectant mother to open (or have each guest present the mom-to-be with her gift).
· Hand out favors to the guests before they leave.
After the Shower
· Make arrangements to get the gifts to the mom-to-be's home.
· Clean up the venue where the shower was hosted.
· Give the list of guests and gifts given to the expectant mother for sending thank you cards.
Do you have any ideas on throwing a shower for someone who hates baby showers? I don't know all the specifics of why she hates them (I personally think it's because she thinks many games that are played are silly). I liked your idea of bringing your favorite childhood book to give as I know she's a big reader, but any other ideas would be great. Thanks!