Stray from the Gift Registry
Read this tip to make your life smarter, better, faster and wiser. LifeTips is the place to go when you need to know about Baby Shower Themes and other Baby Shower topics.
What should I consider when choosing a Moses basket?
Choosing a baby shower gift can be fun, but what fun is it if the mom-to-be already knows what she is getting? Moses baskets make a great baby gift if you are looking to surprise her with an unexpected gift. Usually she doesn't even realize she needs one, so it is often left off a gift registry. Once the baby comes, she will be so grateful you thought of it.
Here are a few tips for choosing a Moses basket:
- Choose a basket with a sturdy wicker structure. If the wicker is too flimsy, the basket might start to cave into the middle.
- Make sure the basket handles meet in the middle. This will allow mom to carry the basket with one hand if needed.
- Check the mattress to ensure it is firm and made from hypoallergenic material. A newborns skin is super-sensitive, so you don't want the mattress to irritate it.
- Select sheets and bedding that will coordinate with the baby's nursery. Buy a few extra sheets so there is always a clean one available.
- Decide if you would like to purchase any accessories. Some options include a bed skirt, bumper and basket stand.